Our 360° Philosophy entails training the complete athlete, not just parts. The Performance Training programs are designed to bridge the gap from the training room to the baseball field through functional training. Players train for balance, agility, core stability, power, and speed, and learn to apply these skills to baseball movements. The innovative programs are unique to the Woodall Baseball Academy, and combine the latest in athletic performance training.
Baseball requires a unique blend of rotational strength, stability, lateral quickness and speed. Baseball movements require more than just jumping and running, or pure linear power. Our Baseball Strength and Speed Program is designed for the baseball athlete, focusing on rotational power and stability as well as other unique demands that baseball requires of our body.
Our players learn posture and core stability with specific baseball positions, and then integrate more complex movement patterns focused on creating a stronger and more explosive baseball player. Using various modalities and tools like the TRX Suspension and Rip Trainer, players learn to stabilize through movement leading to better mechanics, power transfer, and speed through the hitting and throwing movements.
Silver Sluggers Strength & Speed Program
w/ UW Health Sports Performance
Silver Sluggers is excited to offer weekday strength/speed training with UW Health Sports Performance. Training options for our players this Winter (December 2017 -March 2018) are at a greatly reduced rate (over 50% off from standard pricing) and offered with multiple weekday options. Our special Silver Sluggers rate is a combination of discount through UW Health and subsidy by Silver Sluggers to reduce the fee even more for our players.
At this time, we have a limit of 5 players per age group (see age groups below). The first 5 players in each age group to register are guaranteed a spot in these training sessions.
$275 per player for ages 12-14 ($68.75/mo)
$325 per player for ages 13-18 ($81.25/mo)
Weekly options are for 2X per week of training (34 total sessions), which is less than $7 per hour of training. Training sessions are typically small groups of 10 or less athletes, where trainers spend extensive time with each athlete on form and correct movement patterns during the training session.
Training Day/Time Options
Ages 12-14: Tuesday & Thursday- 4:30pm-5:45pm
Ages 15-18: Mon/Wed/Fri- 4:30pm-6:00 pm
–Mon/Wed- 4:30pm-6:00 pm
- Register with UW Sports Performance for the best 2x per week option for your schedule (be sure to register for the Dec 2017 and Jan-May 2018 options provided)
- Developmental Speed Strength (ages 11-14)
- Performance Speed Strength (ages 15-18)
- Discount Code: Upon registration, use discount code Sluggers18
- This code is a 100% discount so you will not pay through UW Health
- At this time, there is only registration for Dec and Jan. Feb and March registration will be avaialble soon. When registering, just register for the Dec and Jan option using the Sluggers18 discount code and you will be officially signed up.
- Payment: Payment to Silver Sluggers
- Go to the following link: Speed/Strength Payment Link
- Choose the appropriate age group for correct payment amount
Middleton, WI 53562